Welcome to part two of this week’s two asides.
Unlike the last one that dealt with a topic that was directly related to the last episode, talking about how the former colonies would have communicated with one another, this one is dealing with terms that will be coming up in the next episode or two.
Also, we’ve been talking about shippers since almost the beginning, and they deserve their own supplemental, but
So… some links to compliment this week’s episode:
- The Alcubierre Field – How people travel faster than light.
- Tack – The navigation manuver required to correct gravitational drift.
- Larboard – what they used to call “port”.
- Skipper – What cargo boat captains call themselves. And some members of the Republican Fleet.
- A complete list of ship terms.
This was a fun one to describe! I hope it sparked some ideas for stories that might involve space travel.