Welcome back to the Unified Republic of Stars! This week, we discuss how the new Republic, under a new and the first post-revolution president, Margarita Santiago, decided to make the nation stronger by… cracking down on immoral acts.
Things like drinking, screwing, gambling, and doing drugs. Things that, up until now, had been left up to individuals to decide whether it was their thing or not.
Things mentioned this episode:
- Our old friend, Ivan Boldyrev
- Penglai – where Santiago was from
- Shaanxi – a neighbor planet to Penglai
- The Fenghuang System – in which Penglai and Shaanxi are located
- The Investigative Office of the Republic – The federal law enforcement agency
- Al Gharbiyah & Columbus – because they like to take the fun out of everything.
- President David Turecki – A president that basically made Italian-style politics look clean
And all of these topics culminate in the New Age of Morality Act. A relatively small piece of legislation that ended up pretty broad in scope. And it banned a lot of things.
Next week… we see how well all these new prohibitions worked out.
Think about rating us on iTunes! It really helps people discover this podcast.